You can type here any text you want

PM to Vacuum conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kuku

87 GN. Vacuum brake conversion kit from Red Regal T. Completed the conversion today and did not have any major problems. The brake pedal is not as soft as I thought it was going to be. After starting the car for the first time the brake light on the dash did not light so I thought I was ok. I went for a test drive and could feel a difference as to the brakes seemed to brake quicker and stronger. I tried to lock up the tires with a hard press on the brake pedal and they would not lock up. I tried several times at various speeds and they would not lock up. I could never get the PM to lock them up either so I have nothing to compare it to. I did not bleed the brakes after completing because I was lazy.

I have a little side to side play with the brake pedal also.

Any suggestions and what is the pedal suppose to feel like?

Thanks,

Clay

bleed the brakes & you will be fine. i did the same conversion, & after i bled them, they worked great.

I will tackle the bleeding of the brakes this weekend. Another problem has come up. There is a leak in between the MC and Booster. I took it apart last night and could not determine why it was leaking.

Just for closure on the Thread.

The Master Cylinder had a bad gasket in the primary piston. Priced all the auto parts stores in my area i.e. Autozone, Advance Auto, Napa, Sturdevants, Checkers, and O'Reilly. O'Reilly had the cheapest Cardone Remanufactured MC parts #10-1926 for $27.99 core charge $5. It looks to be aluminum. They even offer a 10% Military discount if you show them your I.D.

Bench bled the MC and back on the road in 30 minutes. The brakes feel better and it seems to have more stopping power without the fluid leaking out the back.

Very happy with the PM to Vacuum Conversion.

Back