You can type here any text you want

Polishing T-Type Wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
What's the best way to clean / polish original, aluminum T style turbine wheels?

Mine aren't bad but after 21 years and 80,000 miles could use a little TLC. Here's what they look like today (best photo I have):

T.jpg

What's the best way to clean / polish original, aluminum T style turbine wheels?

Mine aren't bad but after 21 years and 80,000 miles could use a little TLC. Here's what they look like today (best photo I have):

T.jpg

Send here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeaky's Metal Polishing

10 miles from me,,, does Tim Allen, Jay Leno etc!:cool:

Send here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeaky's Metal Polishing

10 miles from me,,, does Tim Allen, Jay Leno etc!:cool:
I'm talking about something inexpensive that I can do on my own. At the moment I don't think I could do the shipping!!

aminga said:
Anyone want to host a tutorial for me my ISP has let me down. I completely documented from start to finish cleaning polishing and powderciating a set of T-wheels.

Before and after here

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/1938133-post19.html

I can host whatever you have, no matter the file size. Can you email the file to dlambo1@comcast.net?

ALOT of elbow grease and a dremel. i used mothers aluminum polish it took me about 1 month for all 4 rims.

wheels.jpg

wheelspolished.jpg

paintedwheel.jpg

Just pull them off and have them glass beaded. It will clean up the rough part of the casting, and the machined part will be able to be polished smooth again. You have to get all the dirt out of the pores of the casting, and you won't do that by just cleaning. After you glassbead and polish, take to powdercoater if you want, but they should last another 20 years even without.

Thanks
Coach

Aluminum sucks, there is no way around it. It just so happens that CAST aluminum sucks even worse. Guess which kind you have??? I am chroming my aluminum wheels because I am so tired of polishing them. If you glassbead them and keep the brake dust and other comtaminates that get in the pores, they should last a long time and look good. I do not use anything other than soap and a brush on my cast truck wheels and they look as good as new. Clear powdercoat is an option after they are clean.

Sorry, but it is what it is.
Coach

T-Type rims

I have four T-Type rims powder coated with caps for $575.00 plus shipping never have to clean again let me know. the pics are on parts for sale under Scooby Doo thread.

I'm talking about something inexpensive that I can do on my own. At the moment I don't think I could do the shipping!!

I can host whatever you have, no matter the file size. Can you email the file to dlambo1@comcast.net?

I hosted this as a project journal over on hotrodders.com

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=26512&page=1&perpage=5&reverse=1

PM for questions about the process.

I wanted a little more bling so I polished the ribs to a bright finish. If you wanted stock you could stop after the greasless and have a machine shop cut the machining marks into the wheel.

The clear powder coat is however the best idea ever. They now wipe clean with soap and water.

Back