You can type here any text you want

Porsche Kill (well it was a cheap shot on my part...)

• Thread starter Thread starter 68Mustang
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

68Mustang

So I was driving home from work a few days ago, coming up on my favorite stoplight, and about 20 yards ahead of me is a nice new red Porsche convertible. Unfortunately, the light was green, but I decided to punch it. I nailed the 3-4 shift and felt the high rpm power of my 'sheen start to come alive. I flew by the Porsche. It was a college age kid with his girlfriend. He nailed it a second after I went by and started closing. Fast. So I dropped it into 5th and waved bye-bye...well he was forced to back off because his lane ended. But I still felt good about "beating"
a Porsche in my Jeep.

I had an honest to goodness new Carerra kill yesterday. It still had temporary tags, and it was the new body style. Blue, droptop. We were following each other around through traffic, not really aggressively, but just looking for holes at about 40 MPH. As soon as it cleared, he got on it hard. Unfortunately, it was on a bend - an on ramp to another 4-lane highway. So, he pulled away in the corner but as soon as it straightened out I closed the gap fast. He slowed back down to the limit. I hung behind him to see if he wanted to give it another whirl (kept a respectful distance, though, 'cause Porsches stop better than old Buicks, too). He dropped the hammer as soon as there was another opening, I nailed it and to my surprise I had to go around him to keep from getting Porsche all over the front of my Buick. I didn't completely pass him 'cause I think I made my point. He dropped back and cut in behind me a few cars back. He vanished into traffic.

Ironically, sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic later on a new blue Carerra droptop rolled up next to me and started revving. I was thinking this guy must have a short term memory problem. I looked over, and it was a DIFFERENT blue droptop Carerra with temporary tags. Identical car, different driver. Normally I'm not that observant, but this guy was cueball bald, and the other guy had a full head 'o white hair. It's depressing enough to see ONE $80k car that you know you'll never own, nevermind 2. Very nice cars.

Jim

did you ever stop to think maybe it was the same guy, just when you smoked the crap out of his new expensive toy he was so distraught that all his hair fell out, then in an apparent fit of rage he went searching for you to seek revenge? hey...it could happen right? ;) good kill! same to you jeep dude!

Originally posted by wishihadabuick
did you ever stop to think maybe it was the same guy, just when you smoked the crap out of his new expensive toy he was so distraught that all his hair fell out, then in an apparent fit of rage he went searching for you to seek revenge? hey...it could happen right? ;) good kill! same to you jeep dude!

No no no,
He dropped the top and lost his toupee.

Back