You can type here any text you want

Ported head question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

What does it mean if the head has 1.900 intake valves and 1.600 exhaust? Sorry iam a super newbie when it come to motor work. Are these stock opening sizes? Thanks

That is the diameter of the valve. If it is the stock diameter depends on what casting number head it is.

Thanks
Coach

Those would be aftermarket aluminum head valve sizes. The stock iron heads can only take 1.77/1.50 valves. Anything bigger & they will touch because they are so close together.

The stock iron heads can only take 1.77/1.50 valves. Anything bigger & they will touch because they are so close together.

Unless you know a talented Bridgeport operator ;)
Then 1.90/1.60 valves fit factory iron heads.

Kevin.

Those would be aftermarket aluminum head valve sizes. The stock iron heads can only take 1.77/1.50 valves. Anything bigger & they will touch because they are so close together.

So any set of aluminum heads are going to be set up like this? Then I can have them ported. I plan on using these on a stroker 109. Thanks

I'm not sure of what size valves come in what heads. What are you working with? Do you have a set of heads there you are working with?

Back