ported intake?

8URCBR

I am considering having my stock intake ported and port-matched to my stock ported heads, or buying an ported aftermarket intake. My goal is to get into the 10.80-10.90s with the least amount of effort. My question is would a ported intake and perhaps throttle-body make this easier? Is there power to be gained here? I know many people say the stock intake is good enough well into the 10's. Thanks

Do it your self.

Open the ends of the runners to gaskets and then smooth back to the plenum. Remove all casting flash and EGR tower(if emissions are not needed) Be careful not to open up runners too much and break thru. Doesn't have to be polished, just smooth. I did mine in 4 or 5 hours. Came out great.
Every little bit helps!
CaptRob

Ported intake will make it easier to reach your goals. IMO all that you need is a ported stock 62/65mm TB from Jay Jackson. They have been low 10's and in a few cars the magic sub 9.99 marker.

He does a nice job and for $80 who can complain? I'm going to run one with my "70 turbo". $249+ for a 70mm is most likely not needed.

Just wish someone would do some testing with a 70mm vs. the 62/65mm TB.

-GNX7