You can type here any text you want

Ported Iron Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJohn

I'm selling my ported iron heads. 1.77 intake 1.50 exhaust stainless steel valves. These are from KENNE-BELL not to be confused with our friend KENNE-BILL.:D I have new springs and valve seals. Make me an offer. If no one wants them, I'm gonna put them on E-bay.

Did you get the GN1's repaired? How difficult was it? How much did it cost? Just curious. :)

Derrick

Derrick, the heads should arrive at Champion tomorrow 11/07. I am debating on getting them ported. I guess I should since they're up there. They gave me a quote but they needed to see them to give a real good estimate. Do you know if they carry pushrods? And what headgasket do you run with yours? I also sent my extra manifold for porting.

The Stock head gaskets are the ONLY head gaskets I've had good luck with. The heads do require a different length pushrod. I think it's 8.850" rods if you don't have adjustable rockers and using hydrualic flat tappet lifters. The pushrod length is on that data sheet I gave you with the heads. If you have the $$$$ I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the porting. the ports are MASSIVE for lack of a better word. :) If they don't have the pushrods, Summit will have the 8.850" pushrods. I may even have them in the garage, but I'm 99% sure I don't have those anymore.

Derrick

Back