You can type here any text you want

Posi Test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
What is the procedure for testing a 9 bolt Posi with a rear end out of the car..on the ground :)

Without any load upon the carrier both axles should turn at the same speed. Only when there is a load placed on the diff. will the passenger wheel become the primary drive wheel....

Dont know if this is what you were looking for.....

What I was looking for and found :)..If ya hold one wheel..the torque required to break loose the other wheel...drum roll.....

48 ft lbs..

So if yer Posi is toast..obviously will require less torque...to overcome the unit.

Hmmmmm
I tried to turn one wheel with the rear in the air and tranny in park, wasn't able to by grabbing a 26" ET Street. I tried with all my might and couldn't do it. Had to be applying well over 50Lb/Ft. Never seen a posi that tight before.

How bout ya try this...raise the drivers rear of the car leaving the passenger tire down contacting the pavement..So That It Cant Spin..now turn the drivers tire..should take 50ftlbs of torque to do so.If less... the posi is toast..

If it doesnt turn..check to see if someone installed a spool in your rear :eek: :eek:

hehe :D

Back