You can type here any text you want

Possiable of getting a "86" Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi Everyone,

I opportunity arose that may Allow me to get an 86 GN, While I have allot of fun with the carbed turbo setup. I may have to sell the setup to help cover cost's.

Would anyone be interested? This is not set in stone yet, I just want to get a feel if anyone would be interested in buying the turbo setup (Carb (Holley 780 &also a Holley 650 spare), turbo (t3/4 hybrid), 83 aluminum intake, 83 headers & crossover, uppipe, 2.5 " down pipe.

Ignition system may also be available, But I have to check with Work to make sure it is OK, since it has a Nascar style pickup in it,

The Turbo controller has been modified to work with the Hall Effect Moroso dist., MSD6BTM box, 72381 plasma pulse coil and MSD timing computer. (Depend on what works says) other wise it will be the MSD6BTM & timing Computer.

I will be keeping the block & heads to install in the GN.

Like I said this is not a done deal yet, So I can't make any promises, but I would like to know if any one is interested in this setup

I might be interested in purchasing these items. IF you were to sell them, how much might you ask?

I'd be interested in peices-parts. Mainly the Turbo and DP. :)

I was thinking of around $800.00 for everything (less the distributor & ESC, I was thinking about that last night I can't sell that with Moroso Prototype Pickup in it. I couldn't do that to Moroso).

Originally posted by b4black
I'd be interested in peices-parts. Mainly the Turbo and DP. :)
Crap...always too slow...third inline :) Headers, MSD6BTM. intake bolts, Actuator from the turbo (you didn't say anything about that Rich :p ) :D
Jim

Guy’s, I have allot of spare parts; I have Two more intakes (I think That Larry Wanted one), One Rochester Carb, two or three-carb base's.

The long block I'm keeping , The turbo is a Hybird t-3-4 That cost me $700.00 , it was rebuilt last year that cost $450.00.

There are a set of 81 heads , Along with a Small port set of heads also.

It's official; I am the owner of a 1986 GN. If any of you gentlemen are interested in the carbed turbo setup off the olds let me know.

I hope to post pictures next week; I expect delivery by next week.

Darn. Darn. Darn. Fred.

I have been following your Carb/Turbo since I first started getting and interest in Turbo Buicks myself. It will not be the same without you on the track with a carb under the hood.

I kept one of each, a 79 and an 87. I sure wish there was a way for you to do the same.

Well there is a 1986 G.N. sitting in my driveway. , She is a beauty! , It's been a long time in coming but it here.

Are any of you interested in the parts off the olds?

Originally posted by fc227
Hi Everyone,

The Turbo controller has been modified to work with the Hall Effect Moroso dist., MSD6BTM box, 72381 plasma pulse coil and MSD timing computer. (Depend on what works says) other wise it will be the MSD6BTM & timing Computer.
Fred what is the timing compter?
Did your setup have the coil on top of the dist. at first and you changed it to the seprated coil? lazy don't want to look it up
that's all I can think of right now.
Thanks
Jim

Originally posted by fc227
Well there is a 1986 G.N. sitting in my driveway. , She is a beauty! , It's been a long time in coming but it here.

Fred GLAD it see that you have gotten the car. pic,pic,pic, pic
Sorry to see that you are leaving the CarbedHotAirSlugs, but can really understand not passing up that chance to get a GN. Can not wait for the season to start to see you running the new car!
Did the trans & TC come with it or are you using the 350 & TC from the Olds?

Oh did I say PICTURES :D

Jim

It's complete , all stock. I'll try posting picture(s) to my web site tonight or tommorow .

Jim I have not forgot about the wastegate , I just don't have access to the pull gauge .

Here is why I couldn't pass it up. It was only $1000.00, I be a (well more of) an idiot if I let this go.

Re: Re: Possiable of getting a "86" Gn

Originally posted by Ttype83
Fred what is the timing compter?
Did your setup have the coil on top of the dist. at first and you changed it to the seprated coil? lazy don't want to look it up
that's all I can think of right now.
Thanks
Jim

Hey Fred You missed one :D

No problem with the Act.

Jim

No it had a Moroso Billet distributor that the Busch series car's use to run, when they ran the Buick V6. It had an External coil.

The Timing computer is rpm Vs timing (Like a Mech. Advance) with timing retard in High gear.

I can't sell that, That is Moroso's not my to sell.

I took some pictures of the GN tonight they did not come out to good, SO tomorrow I try again.

It has everything, Power windows, cruise control, and Climate control and even though it has 235,00 mile on it doesn't smoke and sounds pretty good.

Back