You can type here any text you want

possible blown headgasket??suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EyeTalk2Trees

I've been chasing down a general poor performance in my car. Ive checked it with T-link and it doesn't have codes, and runs fairly well but never perfectly smooth, sounds like intermidant misses or miss firing. Also I was looking for a small radiator leak when doing a cooling system flush i noticed air bubbles flowing into the overflow tank. Following this lead the coolant system becomes pressurized after just a few minutes of running. The oil is not contaminated and the water/anti-freeze does smell like gas(noticed this today too) I'm assuming its a head gasket but wouldn't it smoke or contaminate the oil? How would i check to make sure before i year it down. Could it be something more extensive, like a cracked head or block? I have no idea how long its been like this, I've had cooling problems for almost a year now.

test

Probably not what you want to hear but, I would put 80-100 psi air pressure in each cyl. See which one make bubbles in the rad. Best done with eng. hot or as soon as you can after running.

Back