You can type here any text you want

Possible New rack in Miami

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sure hope so.

There has been talk for years.

Search the archives...

Dude, their are plenty of racks walking around just in case you haven't noticed.

Oh, I see, your prolly an a$$ man like me.

:D

I've been hearing the samething for a couple of years now,

the word is they already have an 1/8 mile in place, never opened to the public with thoughts of extending it to 1/4 mile. The other thing we've been hearing about is a drag strip @ Homestead Motorspeedway, which supposedly just needs paving only. Myth-Fact ??? No reliable source knows for sure, as of now MYTH ! (unfortunately)

I can tell you there are a bunch of gear-heads in S. FL, probably would not do so bad.

strength in numbers...

The bikers (harley, not rice) have something called the "presidents council". It is a group of guys composed of the presidents of all of the local MC's.

Anywho, they work together to get things done, like support for charity, support for crash victims, helmet laws, etc.

Someone should organize a group like this for us car guys and approach the owner of the homestead miami speedway (forgot his name) and the mikosoukees and get something started.

Alex?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/motorsports/4852462.htm

My theory is Moroso has all these guys paid off, real nicely too. I mean, why the heck wouldn't their be a track in MIAMI! It just makes no sense. :mad:

I remember back in the mid 70's,(YES, I'm that old) coming to a real nice drag strip somewhere over here in the Lauderdale area. Does anyone remember EXACTLY where it was?

Terry

Yes Sir

It was Hollywood. There was also something called the Hollywood Sportatorium. I went to my first concert there......
Also watched my brother and my dad race at the track. It is about where Chapel Trail is now.....That's a guess.

Back