Possible to fit these 6.5" mid's in some form or fashion

Intercooler

Zam or AudioWizard,

Anyone else looking too.... I just ordered a set of the new RE Audio XXX 6.5" mids. These are about the baddest in the land I believe! They require a 3 5/8" mounting depth. Any way to mount them even with mods in the CSII pods or with a set of custom enclosures like AudioWizard makes. I want to use these bad! If anyone is interested their is a group buy on Caraudio.Com until Feb.17th. They are normally $250.00 but on special for $179.00 shipped. Got to get these babies in and pound my doors off!

Originally posted by Intercooler
Zam or AudioWizard,

Anyone else looking too.... I just ordered a set of the new RE Audio XXX 6.5" mids. These are about the baddest in the land I believe! They require a 3 5/8" mounting depth. Any way to mount them even with mods in the CSII pods or with a set of custom enclosures like AudioWizard makes. I want to use these bad! If anyone is interested their is a group buy on Caraudio.Com until Feb.17th. They are normally $250.00 but on special for $179.00 shipped. Got to get these babies in and pound my doors off!

Anything is possible with a little work but they can be mad to fit. I have examples in my link!

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/audiowizzard

Pics are in the various pages 1 thru 7. I also received your e-mail and am sending you a reply, thanks!

Intercooler - It's possible but the biggest problem you will run into is the window motor/reg and the actual window...this is taking into account NOT using a big/deep build out.

When I did my 6.5s, I didn't want the build to stick out any further than the tallest part of the door panel (basically, no taller than the CSII pods).

I succeeded but, I had to move the window motor towards the back of the door by about 1/2" (not hard).

You do realize the XXX 6.5s need an enclosure right (at least it is highly suggested)?

I'm looking at getting the other set they make (the lower one). The XXX is a little extreme IMO (at least for me).

Good luck, have fun and be creative!

The DLS 1070 did you install them in the Buick or Civic as stated...
How do they sound......

Also can you post a direct link to the GP for the XXX speakers,I cant find it anywhere on that site...
Thanks Dennis

Here is the info on the group buy:

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=84160

You get 15% off ANYTHING after the first $100 spent. Wish I would have waited to get my RE SE-12 :D If anyone wants me to order something less than $100 I can do it for you since I already spent the minimum.

Also.... here is some pics of the XXX 6.5". One bad MOFO!

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showpost.php?p=651307&postcount=11

Did you see the pics I put up of the DLS 1070's? Nice pieces! Just waiting for my CDT HD62Z's to come in and all of it will get installed in the Honda. Didn't want to fool with two amps and a sub box in the Honda trunk since it is my everyday and I need all the trunk space. Hopefully the CDT's will be here this week and I will get them installed the following week with the 1070's. I will post back the results with them. Looking for the big bass hit and good sound quality out of them.

The Buick will get the SE-12, XXX 6.5's, 1" tweet and maybe a 4" if I can get that in AudioWizard's pod.

Zam,

Do you think that XXX 6.5" would fit in the Regal door and look factory with/without the CSII pods with moving the window motor? At 3 5/8" mounting depth (largest I have seen in this size) will it clear the window? :eek:

Intercooler - No way no how.
Even if you moved the power window motor - the window itself will hit the magnet assembly.

Trust me, Audiowizard does a great job. Mine are the one pictured with Blues 6 1/2, a real monstor of a mid-bass. Thanks again Eddie.
John

Originally posted by 6APPEAL
Trust me, Audiowizard does a great job. Mine are the one pictured with Blues 6 1/2, a real monstor of a mid-bass. Thanks again Eddie.
John
Sending you a PM if you still can here:D

Would the door opening need cut also to fit the speaker behind the CSII pods? You wouldn't happen to have pics or a procedure for moving the window motor would you?

No pics but, all I did was drill out the rivets, redrill a hole 1/2" back from the original holes than, reattached with a short (very) bolt and nut. It takes about 10 minutes per door with the panel off...it's real easy.

My 6.5 wouldn't mount/fit to the original CSII mount and the grill wouldn't fit so I had to make an entire new set up...If I would have thought anyone would have wanted them, I would have kept them. I have since redesigned the doors and threw the old set up out.
My new door lowers are completely un stock looking now. I had to do a major redesign to clear the cage.

Fitting a 6.5 can be challenging but it can be done. Just take your time and triple check everything for clearance.

When I replaced the MB Quart tweets with CDT's in the truck it was a huge improvement. I hope for the same with the 6.5" driver. Should sound awesome but I will report back. Did you have to enlarge the door hole? So I think what you are saying is even if I can get them mounted in the door I will not be able to use my CSII panels. Correct?

Originally posted by BandAid≈
Post a link to the DLS 1070

:)
All the pictures I took of the 1070's when I took them out of the box are in this thread. I let one of my audio friends look at them today and the magnet size made his jaw hit the ground! :eek: With a silk tweet and nice construction plus the 7x10 in a 6x9 opening this may be the best out there. I was tore between these and the Boston SL-95's. These got the nod though!

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85485

I got a sticky on my door today that the CDT HD62Z's are here for me to pick up in the morning. Anyone want to see pics of them?

Now I have all the pieces to hopefully destroy my Honda without a sub. My audio friend thinks the two 7x10's will output the same as a good 10" sub. I tend to think so too!