You can type here any text you want

Possible XFI issue?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

I have a no start issue. The car stalled on a hill and won't start back up. I believe it is fuel pump or relay related after finding no FP at the rail and a popped fuse. However, The XFI may be trying to tell me something and i'm not sure.

While cranking the engine the first 6 injector lights stay solid without flashing sequentially. The 2 at the end are flashing .
The power light is lit green and so is the crank and cam. But when I start cranking, the crank light switches to red and the cam light stays green but flashes.

Anything sound abnormal here? Anything I should be looking for?

Your XFI lights shouldn't be changing colors. The power is green,. The Crank, Cam, & Points are red. And the injectors are Orange. When cranking, it will flash the injectors in B2B mode. Once it fires up they will go sequential (provided your program is setup for SEFI). I doubt the XFI is the problem. Fix the fuel pressure issue, then let me know if you still have a problem (doubtful)

Your XFI lights shouldn't be changing colors. The power is green,. The Crank, Cam, & Points are red. And the injectors are Orange. When cranking, it will flash the injectors in B2B mode. Once it fires up they will go sequential (provided your program is setup for SEFI). I doubt the XFI is the problem. Fix the fuel pressure issue, then let me know if you still have a problem (doubtful)

I will check all of this when I mess with it again tonight. The way I saw it was when I turned the key foward the injectors lit for a few moments and than it clicked and they went off. When I started cranking they all lit together and stayed lit while cranking with the last 2 lights (7th and 8th) flashing.

I will get this FP problem straight and like you said I think everything else is fine.

Thanks for the response.

Back