Post Your Lowered G-bodies

Hafrod

Post your pics and give a detailed description of how you lowered it. I don't know if I should go with drop spindles or springs. I don't want a harsh ride! For my fronts, I got 18x8 Coddingtons with 4 1/2 backspace and I am awaiting shipment of my 225-40-18 Rikens. Will these rub anything on the front with drop spindles?

PST 2" drop, poly bushings all around, boxed upper and lower control arms with 15x10 and 15x8 Centerline AutoDrags on 295/50 and 265/50 Dunlops.

I have 3/4" and 1 1/4" metal flare extensions to fit the meats from rubbing due to the drop and width of the tires.
Before the flare extensions I had to have the front inner fender wells modified due to minor rubbing during highway bumps.
The 265-50-15 has a height of 25.4" and a section width of 10.4".
Your 225-40-18 has a height of 25.0" and a section width of 8.8", you will probably be ok with a 2" drop spindle due to the slightly lower height but really because the section width will not be close to the wheel wells lip, unlike my bigger tires.

I lightened up the front a bit so a heavier front end might sit lower than mine also.

IMO a drop spindle will not offer you the performance you get from a smaller spring with a higher ratio. The lower/tighter spring might not feel as smooth as the drop spindle but I would think it has to corner better.

Attachments

• GN side shot of car 2 resized.jpg
    GN side shot of car 2 resized.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 716
Post your pics and give a detailed description of how you lowered it. I don't know if I should go with drop spindles or springs. I don't want a harsh ride! For my fronts, I got 18x8 Coddingtons with 4 1/2 backspace and I am awaiting shipment of my 225-40-18 Rikens. Will these rub anything on the front with drop spindles?

Click on the picture for details!

Here's mine...I didn't lower it...bought it that way but it has drop spindles in front and Bell Tech lowering springs in rear...

Attachments

• turboregal.JPG
    turboregal.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 649
SC&C Street comp Stage 2 front suspension along with Eibach springs and Koni adjustable shocks. 17x8.5 ROH wheels with 275/40 and 245/45/17's.
2788797850053943560S500x500Q85.jpg

Factory springs chopped down with a wizzer. :D

Attachments

• DSC04685 (2).JPG
    DSC04685 (2).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 437
Car43N.jpg

This picture was taken with the car going about 135 mph, so the tire grow and aero lift makes it a little taller than when its standing still.

Eibach sport springs, Howe lower ball joints and adjustable uppers from Marcus, with a spacer rubber from Jegs, it sits right on the ZQ8 snubbers at rest in front.

Here is a video of it going by at about 145 mph

Thanks to slantvaliant for the picture and Video.

Car43N.jpg

This picture was taken with the car going about 135 mph, so the tire grow and aero lift makes it a little taller than when its standing still.

Eibach sport springs, Howe lower ball joints and adjustable uppers from Marcus, with a spacer rubber from Jegs, it sits right on the ZQ8 snubbers at rest in front.

Here is a video of it going by at about 145 mph

Thanks to slantvaliant for the picture and Video.

UNGN, are you planning to upgrade from the Stage 2 package to the AFX package??? I talked to Mark and he told me about your car. I just bought the AFX package. I liked it because I will be able to run the 13" C5 brakes up front. ------Jeremy

Jeremy,

If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting the C5 parts from?? I'm considering the AFX package as well except I haven't had too much luck finding a descent set of used brakes from a 'vette. There's a sweet C6 ZO6set up on ebay that's not totally out of line but still...I have a budget.

Plan B is to stick with the stage 2 set up and do the LS1 Camaro brakes. There's junk yards up here that have the complete front & rear parts for cheap.

P.S. I picked up parts from you a while back. White dodge magnum loaded with german shepherds :)