Potential Bradenton Track rental.

blackshoebox

Staff member
Looks like some of my friends over @ www.sffba.net, may be getting a track rental together for the first weekend in May, and will be looking for participants. The cost looks to be about 50 a car.

This thread is to simply gauge interest, and if everything materializes, I will collect the cash from the participants.

Please post here if you would be interested and be prepaired to say, Yes/NO if it happens, so I will be able to give an accurate count and collect the funds accordingly.

TIA,
Alex

$50?

Boggles the mind that suck-a#$ moroso is $150...

That is right around my b-day. Maybe the ole lady will let me out of the house...

I was told yesterday...

the new price for Moroso is $1200, and they encourage a 4 car maximum, there goes that $150 price.

Might make it.

:eek:

Has anyone tried getting a rental at the Immokolee 1/8 track? It is only 1/2 hour longer travel time then Moroso right?

It is probably an hour and 15 minutes drive from the Lauderdale end of the Alley. I make it from I-75 in Pembroke Pines to the Naples tool booth in a little over an hour. The turn off to Immokalee is 20 miles E of Naples and it's about 20 miles up the road to the track.
Unless you live N of or way far east in Lauderdale, I think it is closer that Moroso.

It's a NICE track. Been there several times.

Terry

Ok guys, its on.

Details are at this link:

http://www.sffba.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13655&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

It appears we will need a minimum of 50 cars to lock in the rental. So I am thinking of talking to the central florida club to, to see who is interested. Price looks to be 40$, and 5$ for addition spectators.

Date of the event is May 4th, which is a Sunday. Racing will be from 9-2pm that day. It appears as of right now it will be a mix of buicks, and f-body's, along with anyone else who wants to participate.

The organizer is going to need 1000.00 up front, by april 14th to reserve the day for sure. So those who are sure they, want to attended, please let me know, so I can collect, and help the organizor get the cash together.

Thanks,
Alex

Jesse, please make this a sticky and do you know who I can contact from the central florida group, to see if I can promote this to them also, or are you that person??

Alex, you can contact george macedo, or "batmansbuick"...

Anyone staying in a hotel Saturday night?

Maybe I will bring the big boys and leave the little ones at home...:cool:

Originally posted by lambturbo6
Go ahead and count us in.

Sounds good, I am trying to round up as many people as I can, so we can get the 50 minumim cars required. Everyone talk to friends, to see if they want to participate, everyone is welcome.

-Alex

Sounds like a cluster. I would be affraid of the "no-shows"...

How about you change your sig from:
"87 GN-11 second daily driver"
to:
"87 GN-12 second daily driver, 87 GN-11 second track car"
:p

Originally posted by jsta6
Sounds like a cluster. I would be affraid of the "no-shows"...

How about you change your sig from:
"87 GN-11 second daily driver"
to:
"87 GN-12 second daily driver, 87 GN-11 second track car"
:p

In all seriousness, the car has run 11's on pump & alky, and bfg drag radials. ;) :D

I was running the same amount of boost I run on race gas, just with different tune. Since when did you run 12's?? It didn't happen at bradenton, or did I miss something??

I can bolt on my alky again and go 11's all day, but I have other plans for the car, after I am done, it will run mid-low 11's on pump within the next 6-8 months. And on Race gas, it will run??

lol

13.4 on stock turbo + TE44 has to equal 12's...with all the mods I got, 2800 stall, 009's, 265/50/15's, alchy, hot wired walbro, 4" big mouth, intercooler and 1/2, LT1 MAF, no cat...gotta be there...BTW, BFG's are on the way, the 44 is eating up my tires...

BTW, is there a date set for the rental yet? Heidi is going to the Dixie Chix May 4.:D

Originally posted by jsta6
lol

13.4 on stock turbo + TE44 has to equal 12's...with all the mods I got, 2800 stall, 009's, 265/50/15's, alchy, hot wired walbro, 4" big mouth, intercooler and 1/2, LT1 MAF, no cat...gotta be there...BTW, BFG's are on the way, the 44 is eating up my tires...

BTW, is there a date set for the rental yet? Heidi is going to the Dixie Chix May 4.:D

You have the parts, but can you tune?:) Also, you are making it harder then it has to be with alky. Alky is tricky to tune, without a good chip. Race gas is simple, pour it in, and set the fuel pressure, and thats it.:cool:

Track rental date is on the May 4th also, I am guessing that may cause a problem for you with the kids??

yep, need a chip to. Thinking of just buying a burner...

Can't run race gas on the street...:cool:

so the rental is Sunday May 4? I can make that. Go up Saturday, stay over night, run Sunday, leave sunday afternoon...:cool:

I'm in, where do I send the money?

I'm in, I looked at that site and it didn't say where to send the $.
I'd really like to do this, and will spread the word.

Ken

Re: I'm in, where do I send the money?

Originally posted by Pace 1989
I'm in, I looked at that site and it didn't say where to send the $.
I'd really like to do this, and will spread the word.

Ken

I am gathering info from the organizor as we speak, trying to see if this is definantly going to happen. I should know by the weekend for sure.

On Saturday April 19 the Tampa group will be having it's monthly meet. I will let the everyone know and see if there's interest. I know I am... Keep us posted!