You can type here any text you want

Poured my egr ports.......reasonable results

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

This is the first head and I'm not totally satisfied with the aesthetics of the intake side. Not sure what caused the slightly rough appearance?

Anyway this is how it was done.

IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG
IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_1744.JPG
IMG_1745.JPG
IMG_1756.JPG

Looks good to go!(y)

Thanks Chuck.
Still a little disappointed in the roughness though. Thought it was all planed out.....the copper plate had a very smooth surface, the head and plate got a little pre heat, head was set at an angle to compensate for the way the holes intersect in the port and the aluminum was plenty hot.

Maybe the plate sealed too well and trapped air.

What did you clean the passages out with first, mike? And they look good.

What did you clean the passages out with first, mike? And they look good.

I'm glad you asked... I wanted to mention it in the original post. After looking how they are made it's 95 percent simple round holes drilled from the intake side. So If you come from the intake side with sanding rolls It only takes about 5 minutes to completely remove any carbon.

Is there any performance gains from this?
I have the block off plate but still the holes.

Is there any performance gains from this?
I have the block off plate but still the holes.

Honestly...I bet there is very little gained....I just can't stand the thought of something not being uniform as possible.

I did do this in the past, but after seeing hardly any gain on the Flow Bench I stopped doing it on Race Heads.
Looks good though!!

:)

Back