power ant. replacement?

phil conrad

On my tta the power ant is broken. How big of a job is this to replace. Is there a link somewhere on how to do this ?

I'd like to know also, mine broke about a month ago. I disconnected the relay behind the dash, and left it in the up position so I could still pick-up radio. The mast isn't broken, it's the piece inside that pulls and pushes it up and down.

Ken TTA#1426

I just took mine out to get it ready for paint.
1. Take the inner fender cover out 9/32" bolts and push clips.
2. Unscrew the top ring on the top of the antenna and I think one or two bolts inside the fender.
3. Unplug the connectors.
I don't know how much a new one is and if an aftermarket one will work. Like I said, mines out for a paint job.

Good Luck

I've tried to do a "rebuild" on mine. Whats broke is the plastics/nylon string that pushes it up and down, you can buy a replacement string at the dealer still for about $20-$25. An entire motor will be about $125-$150. Anyway, I got mine out and tried to restring it and finally gave up and made the antenna a manual one that I can pull up and down by removing the broken string and reinstalled the broke antenna, just have to manually pull it up and down when I remove the cover.
There's usually not much I can't put back together, but this thing got me and I gave up, maybe I was just impatient that day I don't know....

Thanks for the link and advice. Because the car with A new one in the box. I think I will do it that way. Someday if I am feeling brave I might try and rebuild the original.:confused: