Power antenna ckt breaker

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I see in schematics that there's a circuit breaker as part of the power antenna assembly. Does anyone know or remember if this ckt breaker is accesable or hidden inside the case?

Mine has stopped working, but the relay troubleshoots fine, and the voltages at the antenna connector also troubleshoot correctly. But I hear nothing from the antenna motor. BTW it's stuck in the down position.
I think I used it a grand total of about 10 times over the last couple years, now this.

It's inside on the dark green feed wire directly to one leg of the motor.

There's also two limit ON/OFF switches inside the antenna that actually start and stop the motor in the correct positions, I'd bet one of those is more likely the culprit.

Up would be Power +12 on the Dark Green and Ground on the Gray out of the relay.

I've got the proper UP signal on the green wire, but no noise from the antenna motor. It's not even trying to come up.

Have you tried tappping on the motor with something metailc right away of turning it on? Ive got some antennas and power windowsto awake from a sleep

Have you tried tappping on the motor with something metailc right away of turning it on? Ive got some antennas and power windowsto awake from a sleep
Not sure how to accomplish that without tearing into the fender. But I'll think about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Try inside fender where the mount bolts are? Ill have to take a look, but a tr I have access to with a power ant isnt here...

Tapping is a good idea for both the circuit breaker and limit switches if there's some oxidation on them etc.

I assume you put the volt meter across the Dark Green and the Gray wire to measure voltage?

If the gray isn't grounded it won't go up.

Tapping is a good idea for both the circuit breaker and limit switches if there's some oxidation on them etc.

I assume you put the volt meter across the Dark Green and the Gray wire to measure voltage?

Yes that's how I measured.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Ghosts!!! All of a sudden today my antenna started working normally!! o_O