You can type here any text you want

Power antenna motor kept running

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OhioC5

Underwear model
I knew it was going to happen, my antenna goes up and down 50 times a day. I was thinking there is just no way this 24 yr old antenna can take all this. Well, it couldn't and didn't. Really bummed me out, car has 20k miles. I unplugged it and just left it up. Anyone use one of those E-bay antenna's? The way the stereo place hooked up my unit my antenna would go up and down every cd change, switching from CD to USB etc. **** every time I turned around my antenna was going up and down.
What causes the motor to run all the time?

OhioC5,

I'm not sure why your antenna goes up and down with different functions of the radio (antenna trigger wire hooked to wrong lead at the radio?), but the antenna that constantly runs - even when you turn the car off - means the plastic 'belt' broke.

GM used to sell a kit to fix these antennas. It contained a new plastic 'belt' that attached to the top section of the antenna mast. I never repaired one of these - I was lucky enough to find a new antenna cheap to fix mine. I still have the old one - needing repair - on a shelf in the garage.

If anyone knows if the repair kit is still available, that should fix the constant on problem. The other problem should be addressed by whoever installed the stereo.

-Bill

If you are interested in selling your broken antenna please let me know. I need the harness and contact assembly. Thanks

paul

Correct, I just bought the mast and installed it but found another problem. That is why I am looking for a junk antenna to salvage the contact brush assembly inside ad well as the wire harness. Got any junk ones?

paul

Back