You can type here any text you want

Power antenna only goes half way down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lhorn

My power antanna works, but only goes half way down. Any idea how this happens, if it is fixable and how I would do it? Thanks

Does the motor still run when its half way down? If it does then the antenna mast broke. Cheap part but a pain to change.

I've gottta check that out, but I don't think it runs after it gets to half mast.

If the motor is not running and the mast is half way down...Run it back up and inspect for bends or creases in the mast. It may just be stuck... If the mast is bent you maybe able to bend it back, if the mast is creased.... You will have to replace it. I had to replace mine when the cable broke. Real fun stuff! :eek:

Originally posted by Lhorn
My power antanna works, but only goes half way down. Any idea how this happens, if it is fixable and how I would do it? Thanks

So does my wife, It happened when she said "I DO", it is fixable, get a new one..:eek: :eek:

Seriously though.. I had that problem and just went to fixed staff.. I dont want to keep pulling the damn fenders off..

Thanks for the replies. The motor does stop after the antenna reaches half staff. (ie doesn't keep running). It's very straight- not creased. Sounds like I have to change the mast right?

Did you try to clean the mast? I use a scotch pad and soak it with WD-40 and scrub it clean that might work.

I'll try cleaning it up; I did try to push it down, gently but firmly and it no go.

Originally posted by Lhorn
I'll try cleaning it up; I did try to push it down, gently but firmly and it no go.

Its will not got down like that because the motor is off. Turn the radio back on and then off, while the antenna motor is running try to push the mast back down and becareful you don't bend it.

Back