You can type here any text you want

Power Antenna

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gmpower

My GN power antenna is giving me problems. I had to pull the fuse temporarily so the power antenna motor stops running. Instead of replacing it right now, I would rather bypass. Can somebody please tell me which wire to cut to bypass the power antenna?

The pink wire on connector C1 pin E provides power to the antenna relay.

If you pulled the Radio fuse and the antenna motor stopped you could cut that wire and it should stop also.

If you pulled the CIG/CLK fuse to stop the antenna motor you would need to unplug the antenna motor connections to the relay itself to stop it from running when replacing that fuse.

The relay is located behind the right side of the IP right of the glove box itself about mid level with the glove box door.

If you let the door hang down all the way unhinged you should be able to feel it easily with your hands and unplug the connector.

Why not just unplug the electric connector under the hood. It's located on the passengers side front fender near the cowl. No wires to cut or fuses to remove. The nylon cable inside the antenna has probably broke. Now you can manually move the antenna up and down.

Craig

If the motor runs constantly, is this a relay problem or an antenna problem??

Antenna problem, shutoff is in the motor itself, and if the mast breaks it won't shut off.

The relay just reverses the power and ground leads with the radio on/off button.

A good antenna and a bad relay would just lock the antenna in one position I believe. Same as a broken power button on the radio.

Of course there are other failure modes with the antenna relay as well but none that would make it run continuously.

OK, I have 2 problems:
1. the antenna runs constantly (bad antenna)
2. The radio wont turn on

What is my best test for the radio? Measure to see if there is voltage on the yellow wire?

Back