You can type here any text you want

power braking and building boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

what rpm does boost start to build? i plan on replacing brakes (pads, rotors, new lines and fluid) since they don't seem to have much holding power. last night i was out playing and they now hold enough that i can get the rpm up until the rear tires start spinning... at least now i'm not rollling forward at 1500 rpm. but at like 2500 rpm the rear tires start spinning... still no boost yet.... what rpm will boost start to build?

Depends on turbo, converter, brakes, tires, surface.

Stock turbo, stock converter, stock brakes with sticky tires.. many have gotten easy 10 PSI.

Try pulling hard on the e-brake handle while building boost. And cheap rear pads=zero boost. As well as cheap rear tires=zero boost.

Been there..

So... list your turbo, converter, brake pads, tires, etc.. i'll give it an educated guess.

turbo is def stock, i would assume everything else is stock also - except the tires themselve are goodyear gsc.

when i got hte car last year - the brakes would hold at all... the car would start creaping forward. i havn'e changed anything ey t - so i dont' know if i'm just pushing on the brake pedal harder or if i wore the brakes down to some good metal and am getting some better grip. but now the car stays still - i just start doing a burnout before i can get any boost to build. i don't remember the exact rpm i was at but i think it was around 2500 the rear tires would start to spin... still no boost on the guage yet.

Stock convertor stalls in the 2200 range. Generally at around 2300-2500 you should start seeing 1-3 psi.

Throw in an exhaust leak before the turbo and you might not build build any boost in that rpm range.

Plus, stock boost gauge is not extremely accurate at the low and hi ends. My VDO is already at 5 psi by the time the stocker starts to move.

Have fun playing:D

Back