You can type here any text you want

Power door locks / interior lights not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dash65

I just had my '87 GN engine bay detailed by a local reputable car restorer. When I got it home, and tried the pwr locks, they didn't work. I located a fuse box diagram and found the 30 amp circuit breaker. Tested it for continuity and it worked. Then I noticed that my interior dome light and my floorboard lights are not working either.
Oddly, the stereo LED / clock does not come on either but the stereo works. I'm stumped. I can call the fellow that did the work on Monday but would rather attempt a fix myself if possible and maybe learn something in the process.

I just had my '87 GN engine bay detailed by a local reputable car restorer. When I got it home, and tried the pwr locks, they didn't work. I located a fuse box diagram and found the 30 amp circuit breaker. Tested it for continuity and it worked. Then I noticed that my interior dome light and my floorboard lights are not working either.
Oddly, the stereo LED / clock does not come on either but the stereo works. I'm stumped. I can call the fellow that did the work on Monday but would rather attempt a fix myself if possible and maybe learn something in the process.
Problem solved. Had a loose hood light wire. It must have touched something and blew a fuse. Evidently the fuse box diagram isn't quite accurate as according to the diagram the power locks shouldn't have been on same circuit as the interior lights. Thanks to everyone who pondered my question. Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone!

Back