Power plate install/Plenum Gasket

V

VinPecora

Im in the process of installing my Powerplate, the question is how do I get the old gaske off with out stuff going int the motor??? Or can I leave it on and reuse it??Then just put the gasket on the top of the plate.:confused:

remove the plenum and vacum lines, scrape the gasket off very easy. Mine was factory original and it came off without a hitch.

BTW, post your results before and after ( knock and boost levels). I'm not 100% finished with mine yet, but I'll sure be posting to the group when I get the data.

there is also 2 bolts that hold the plenum to the TB, just remove the nuts and remove the whole plenum and clean it off the car IMO and if you have a problem removing the plenum or dont want to, try to wrap the plate with plastic wrap, put it on with the bolts holding it in place clean the gasket on the plenum and then remove the plate with the old gasket remains on the wrap, remove and reinstall

HTH

well its weird my gasket is stuck on the lower half of the plenum. I t is really a bitch to get off, is there any easy ways of removing it. Tools, Wd/40??? Also How do I get the vaccum lines off without breaking them???:confused:

cut a slit in the vacum lines, they will slide right off :)

Once the lines are off remove the plenum and clean all of the gasket material then reassemble. It will come off if you use a gasket scrapper/razor and take your time.

I stuffed all my runners with paper towels. Scraped the plenum best I could & used a block & 240 grit sandpaper. I then sucked everything out with my shop vav.