Power Plate next?

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
Ok, Given the combo in my signature, would the next logical step be to go to a power plate? I figure I have one more mod before i stop and start some serious tuning. I want to get things set up for the final weeks of racing before she gets put away for the winter...:(

Originally posted by turbo_canuck
Ok, Given the combo in my signature, would the next logical step be to go to a power plate? I figure I have one more mod before i stop and start some serious tuning. I want to get things set up for the final weeks of racing before she gets put away for the winter...:(

Given the combo in your sig line, I'd say getting a car would be the first thing to do.

First step is establishing a goal.
Then how to logically get there.
Tunability is the key

There are a lot of things you could do. A race chip and race gas will give you the most performance increase. Alky injection, is another way to go also.

I have advised many times, that a Power Plate is the first add on you should install to correct the problem that exsists all turbo buicks that of uneven air flow to your cylinders. This is one of the best and basic mods that you should do.... Turbo TC

id say get the power plate. i love mine. seemed to help the idle and smoothness of the motor. its great. get the power plate, then buy some race fuel and a race chip, and go to the track and start tuning

I would say get a set of slicks! There is at least 3 tenths to be had in traction alone! This will also help when you begin to tune the car. It's very hard to tune and see what works if you can't launch the car the same exact way every time!

Take traction problems out of the way first then tune for best repeatable performance!

I know a lot of folks like the Nittos and BFG drag radials, but NOTHING hooks like a slick! The above is OK for street use, but for test and tune use a true drag slick.

JMO, Vic:D