You can type here any text you want

Power Plates any good?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys my car is mostly stock except the small things in my sig. Do you think that i would notice any gains from a power plate? Just wondering thanks

winter is over so it will prob be easier to do a search :cool: We have used them with good results.

I was about to start my own thread with this question. I know not everyone runs a Champion intake but,,,,,,would you run Jasons plate designed for this intake? The reason for my question is when I talked to the elderly guy at GN1, he ask me why on earth would I want to restrict that intake with a plate. I had no idea how to respond to that. That being said should I run the $99.00 RJC plate designed for this specific intake or save my money? Thanks. I currently have one on my stock intake.

spend the money and get the plate. The plate doesnt become a restriction till your making alot of power. Ask jason if he is running a plate on his 9 sec ride. :)

spend the money and get the plate. The plate doesnt become a restriction till your making alot of power. Ask jason if he is running a plate on his 9 sec ride. :)
I appreciate it. It'll be ordered tomorrow.

ya we have that restricter plate on Melissa's 9.9@138+ DRIVER :rolleyes::p

Thanks guys. Just called Jason. My stock intake powerplate is now in for sale section. If I should'nt have posted this, mods can remove it.:redface:

Here's my .02 worth.

I had a TT 93 chip & had been playing with the boost last year after i bough my GN. I could run 17 PSI with no knock. Turn it up to 18 PSI & I'd get 2-3*. So back to 17 PSI I went & left it there.

Fast forward to this spring (3-2010) I ordered an RJC plate. Turned the WG rod in a turn for 18 PSI & no knock. One more turn, 19PSI, no knock. I quit there not wanting to press my luck. Again, this was with a TT 93 street chip & 19 PSI.. no knock.

There is no doubt that these plates work to equalize air to all cylinders.:cool:

I now have Alky, so the combo has changed some. BUT, the plate remains & always will.

Back