You can type here any text you want

power steering hoses / hydroboost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

Can anyone tell me what the 2 hoses from the power steering resevoir going to the pump are ? is one the feed to the pump and the other the return line one is larger than the other this is on a 1987 GN that I am tring to convert to hydroboost. Thanks ED

Yes, one is the feed (high pressure) line and one is the return. The one with just the normal clamps that go to the remote reservoir is the return. The gear box to the pump is the pressure line. In my hydroboost post, I list the fitting sizes if you are after that info.

The hose attached to the top of the power steering pump and the front of the steering gear is the pressure hose. The fitting for the HB are standard GM from aeroquip or any hydraulic shop. If you remove the rubber section and crimp from the pressure hose, you can take the hose to a hydraulic shop. A competent hydraulic shop can silver sodder an end on each hose to allow the installation of braided hose. The hydraulic shop should also have a supply of push lock hydualic hose (hydraulic fluid and pressure resistent) for the return hose. As Tin Man suggest, use a brass tee. The push lock hose will hold to the brass tee without clamps, but you'll need to clamp the other end. I plan on doing the conversion soon. I suspect that using black clothe braided hydraulic hose and push lock hose will run around $30. I have not priced the fitting, but i expect to have a hose set up for less than $150

Back