You can type here any text you want

Power Window Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnfirefighter

BLACK SHEEP
My 84 GN has very slow window motors. What do you guys suggest.
1) Replace the motors with new ones?

2) I see that there is a "faster window wiring kit" available. Did anyone ever try this???:confused:

Where is this wiring kit? I too suffer from the slow windows. I think all GNs have this problem stock.

I too had slow power windows. When the motors died I put remanufactured ones in. They seem quicker now then before. On carparts.com you can get the motors for 50 bucks each. Not a bad deal.

slow power window fix

There is a write up on this very subject on GNTtype.org. It involves using window motors from older Cutlass' and some changes to the wiring in the door. Easy to do, even I did it.

Peter

I had the same problem with my windows, I did like 3point said and basicly followed the instructions in gnttype.org. But I found that the rebuilt motors are all the same for like 80-92 GM cars, so I got a new motor from a parts house and got the springs from the salvage yard. Those where even eaiser, any G-body might have them, the manuel windows had the same springs as the electric. I used a spring on each of mine with a new motor and it rolls up just fine, about twice as fast as the old set-up. I never did see an older "larger" motor as was stated in that tech article.

Back