Powerlogger modded ecm question

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, I have a stock ecm modded for the powerlogger. I'm wanting to temporarily yank the powerlogger and extender extreme chip and just run my alky with a TT chip with the 2nd gen translator and ls1 maf. Can I run like this or do I need my old stock ecm back.

You can leave the power logger on and use the tt chip. Unless your ecm was modded in a different way

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I ask because I'm not sure my modded ecm can fit back into it's original little case with the powerlogger mod sticking out of it. Can I just pull that extra chip board out?

It will fit back in it's case IF the case was modified in accordance with the original powerlogger install instructions. Why would you want to remove the PL and all that logging capability.

That really makes no sense. If you have a modded ecm for the powerlogger, the case should be modded as well so the guts fit back in.

It's too complicated. Too many wires and buttons and shit. I can't figure it all out. The directions read like stereo instructions lol.

It's too complicated. Too many wires and buttons and shit. I can't figure it all out. The directions read like stereo instructions lol.

Must be something else going on here because what you're now saying makes absolutely no sense at all!!??

What could be so complicated about the powerlogger? It has NO buttons, and very few wires if any at all unless you're using the analog block for inputs, and on top of that it's a totally benign device unless you're actually logging a run.
All the complicated stuff with wires and buttons is the GenII translator that you are keeping, it has lots of wires and actually has buttons. The chips are equal in complexity. They both have adjustable parameters

Lol. Yea. I know what you guys are saying. I'll probably add it in later, who knows. But you've no clue as to how ignorant I am with wires and overall electronics/electrical circuits. I still use a flip phone (because I love it, lol) and I still don't know how to use my cable. I've never owned a video game console past an Atari when I was 7, and never had a car newer than '98. Not because I don't have the money but because I hate complicated electronic stuff lol. I love old things lol.

I have no experience with the MAF Pro. If you have issues with dealing with tuning electronic stuff the MAF Pro and extender isn't for you. I use the Translator. Very easy plug and play setup, set 2 switches and your done. If you use the 6.1 TT chip and Powerlogger, you can have the WOT controlled by the wide band O2. I never had luck with the LC1 on my car and switched to the AFX wb. The Powerlogger is a great tool. Would never want to remove it...

I have no experience with the MAF Pro. If you have issues with dealing with tuning electronic stuff the MAF Pro and extender isn't for you. I use the Translator. Very easy plug and play setup, set 2 switches and your done. If you use the 6.1 TT chip and Powerlogger, you can have the WOT controlled by the wide band O2. I never had luck with the LC1 on my car and switched to the AFX wb. The Powerlogger is a great tool. Would never want to remove it...

I don't think the MAF Pro was part of this discussion was it? I believe he was discussing a Powerlogger and Translator GenII.

My bad, I meant the GenII Translator. If he's intimidated by the Powerlogger, the extra features of the GenII will send him into a fetal position. I believe for Turbosmackdown a straight Translator and TT 6 or 6.1 chip with Powerlogger would be the better route for him. Much less for him to play with, yet he can still control fueling and timing with the benefit of reviewing logs.

My bad, I meant the GenII Translator. If he's intimidated by the Powerlogger, the extra features of the GenII will send him into a fetal position.

LMAO!

How true. I have a guy coming next week with a gen2 on his car. He can't make it run to save his life.

Rick

Eric does such a great job of getting chips close, if your not into "tuning" ie; buttons, then that's the way to go.

Yea I know. I would love to have my wideband control it. But noone knows how to install this hardware lol.

Getting a huge raise in November, and thinking of having the car shipped to Cottons or Hartlines or someone lol.

Did you buy the Powerlogger new or was it used? Do you have a spare ecm that the daughter board from the Powerlogger is mounted too? If it's already mounted on the ecm and the box is modified (really easy) then it's just a matter of mounting the little block that all the wires go to. Scanmaster, wb O2 and the MAT reference wire. A larger cable runs from the little block to the side of the daughter board and a little opening up of the plastic panel lets the USB wire to your laptop hook up. Which TT chip do you have? You need at least the 6.o for the wb to control wot a/f ratio. If you want to come up to Nashua some time a few of us can help you out. I will have to look at the directions to the GenII to see if there is any other connections or you can revert back to a regular translator. What turbo do you have that you are running the 4" intake pipe too?

Daughter board? Reference wire? I have the newest tt chip in it now. But none of this is going to help me. I don't learn from reading text. I have to see someone do it lol. Even if all the powerlogger shit's hooked up, I still won't be able to be able to operate it. Lap top shit never works for me. I can't keep the car started now. lol.

Take some pictures of what you have and post them. From the pictures at least we can tell what you have.