You can type here any text you want

Powermaster ? and 17 inch wheel ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Silver Fox

Two questions for you all:

1. I have had two TRs. My first was already converted to vacuum brakes when I got it. My second TR (44,000 miles, mainly stock) has the powermaster on it. When I brake and am at driving at slow speeds, I can hear what sounds like an electric motor "humming" when I press the brake pedal. Is this the normal sound of the powermaster? I still have my vacuum system/pedal from my other TR, and I will put it on one of these days (as well as the 13 inch Baers), but I am wondering if the sound is normal or abnormal from the powermaster.

2. For those of you with 17 inch or larger wheels (I have 17x8s on the front with 245/45s and 17x9s on the back with 255/45s), does your car wander around the road when you car gets in what I will call a "traffic groove," where the road is worn from traffic? I had 15 inch wheels when I bought the car and don't recall it doing it. With the 17s, it is somewhat pronounced. Have any of you encountered this, and do I live with it, put new bushings in the suspension, etc.? I have the front of the car up in the air and can't find any freeplay in the ball joints, tie rods, etc.

Thanks...

Rob

that sounds normal for a powermaster, as long as the brake light isn't coming on it should be ok. If it starts running a lot more then you may need a new accumulator ball.
About the 17s... i have not had a problem with that on mine, but a good friend has. He claimed tha bilsteins helped him out tremendously but wasn't sure why. Other than that i have heard of taller lower ball joints helping cure this.

Back