You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster failing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I'm not getting any brake light yet, but I have been hearing a louder than normal buzzing sound coming from the area of the PM pump these last couple times out. Sounds kinda like a big bee buzzing against glass....for lack of a better description.
It's worse when the system is cold like in the morning, or right after start up, and then stops making the noise as the car is driven.

I popped the cover on the MC and the fluid is all murky and appears to have small bubbles in it. I just change the fluid out about 6 months ago when I rebuilt the brakes at all 4 wheels.

The car still stops OK....I'm just worried it won't....next time.

I have a new (back-up) accumulator ball, but don't want to put it on and contaminate it with the nasty fluid.

Looks like it's time to upgrade to Hydro-Boost.
This doesn't need to turn into another Hyrdo-Boost pros/cons thread, but does anyone have any comments on the problem I'm describing?

this solved my loud buzzing issues...not sure if your having the same problem, but sounds like it...i replaced and the buzzing quit....and the brakes still work..haha:

1985-1987 Turbo Regal - ORIGINAL GM POWERMASTER BRAKE SWITCH
cat no: 7175 at Kirbans Performance products

this solved my loud buzzing issues...not sure if your having the same problem, but sounds like it...i replaced and the buzzing quit....and the brakes still work..haha:

1985-1987 Turbo Regal - ORIGINAL GM POWERMASTER BRAKE SWITCH
cat no: 7175 at Kirbans Performance products

Thanks.
I'll see if I can borrow one from some one to verify.

You need to do 2 things -

1. cycle the accumulator until the air goes away on pump down
2. run the self cycle time portion of the diagnostics

See GNTType Brakes Page for diagnostics

See the link in my sig for cycling instructions.

Feel free to ask questions.

I flushed the fluid per Lou Czarnotas offline advice, and the noise seems to be gone now

You need to do 2 things -

1. cycle the accumulator until the air goes away on pump down
2. run the self cycle time portion of the diagnostics

See GNTType Brakes Page for diagnostics

See the link in my sig for cycling instructions.

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks.
I'll use this advice if the problem comes back.

Back