Powermaster Help

BuickGNMan

I'll try to make this short. Last fall, pedal went soft and got an intermitent brake light. After several bleeds, decided a new PM was the way to go. Kirban finally got some rebuilt Cardone units, and I got it installed last fall. Followed Zeus's procedure to no avail. Still pedal to the floor with intermitent brake light. Found my combination valve to be the old cast iron type so ordered the brass unit from Kirban & installed that. Another on car bench bleed and then then lines. Still a soft pedal. This was still last fall, and it's getting cold, so I gave up working in an uninsulated garage. Back at it yesterday & the day before, and still can't get a hard pedal. Mind you, last fall I also installed new cylinders on the back brake drums with new shoes, as well as new pads on the front. I was having trouble vacuum bleeding the passenger front line, so I bought speed bleeders. Tried one last time doing another on car PM bleed, then did the lines again. The back I vac'd & the front I pumped with those speed bleeders working great. I STILL have a soft pedal, and the brake light will come on if I do a few fast pumps on the pedal. 4 small bottles of brake fluids later, and I'm frustrated. I told the guy at the parts store, my next purchase was going to be a sledge hammer instead of another bottle of fluid. HELP.... Please. Zeus, if you come across this, let me know. I'd love to talk to you on the phone. Thanks, Mike.

Ok, the only thing I'm thinking I may have done wrong was I didn't put something around the brass proportioning valve pin to hold it in. Does anyone know if I had to do this? My procedure was vac the rear lines, and pump the fronts with speed bleeders installed. Thanks, Mike.

Soft pedal is not usually a sign of the booster failing (powermaster or other). There's air somewhere or a leak.

Mike,

I've been out of town the past 2 weeks and not able to get to my email.
I'm sending you one today.
Yes, I'll be glad to speak with you on the phone.
These units can be confusing.

Patrick