You can type here any text you want

Powermaster install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nickygn23

Hey guys. Got my National today...... The guy I bought it from said it needed a powermaster accumulator ball. The brake light comes on apon hitting the brakes. Never changed one before. Any helpful hints?
Thanks

Take it off and throw it away and convert to vacuum! Gbody parts has the conversion kits. It's very simple just takes some time to do.

Thanks for the advise. It seems I have to change the whole unit not just the ball. How much is is the vacuum set up?

You can get the parts yourself from a junk yard for cheap if you don't mind hunting around. Just find a normally aspirated g-body and grab the brake pedal as well. Check this thread for some pricing examples if you piece it together yourself.

G-body has new and used conversion kits. The used ones aren't much more than a new accumulator ball. :)

GBodyParts.com Online

There is also a forum member, Dino1, that often has kits available.

Rip the PM out!!!

Hey Nickygn23, take that Powermaster out and throw it away.
Go vaccum, it's easier and don't have to worry about it.
The PMs are too much of a headache. Some people like it, but the majority of GN owners know its crap. The Accl ball can give out, the motor can give out, it was poorley made, and even a few guys wrecked their GNs because the PM was faulty.

I'll try to find a vaccum for you, I have a guy here in Chicago that I bought one for $150, and included the whole system, to include the brake pedal,

I'll let yiou know when I find one.

WIlliam

Back