Powermaster issue..help

mudsharkangler

Hello, I have a 1987 Buick GN, basically all stock. The original PM brakes are having an issue with the motor "ailing" to operate at the worst times...while I am driving! Think this is a common problem. I have checked the accumulator, pressure switch etc. and they seem to be within spec.

Anyways, the first time this happened, i pulled the wires to the motor and they were pretty well gummed up. After the cleaning, they were fine for a few months...same thing happens, and it is "fixed" the same way...this time not much gunk on the terminals. A month goes by, brake light goes on...same fix. This time I just had to unplug it several times to make it work.

They work fine otherwise.

Any suggestions on where to start? Appears to some type of short etc. in the motor?

If anybody has suggestions or comments they would be greatly appreciated! Take care.

Brian

Replace the motor if the upper section of poweraster is good. Dont harm yourself,family, car etc. These units seem to go out at worst times,yours seems to be warning you.

Try hank terry on this site for motor, autozone for entire powermaster, maybe they sell just motor. keep sales slip for warranty.

Thanks so much for the help. Just hate to replace it if there may be another problem...but it certainly does seem to be related to the motor electrical system. Take care and Merry Christmas!!