You can type here any text you want

Powermaster Motor Noisy When Depress Brake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNX261

Good Afternoon. I am getting a nasty noise from the powermaster motor and am sume it will need replaced soon. However, Poston and Kirban reps tell me that I cannot just buy the motor but must replace the entire powermaster unit. Any thoughts as to where I can simply get a new motor (its called an EH pump) without buying the whoe system? Thanks. DJ:frown:

I believe the person that makes/made them for GM is Turbocars here on the board. He had a post a while back that when what he had was gone, that was going to be it. See the post here: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/184274-new-oem-powermasters-plz-read-save.html
Price was great considering the GM price was several hundred dollars more. You might want to get a couple like I did. They are the exact same thing as what's on the new PM unit I have here.

David

Before you go throwing money at the P/M (which is very easy to do), you better run some diagnostics and be sure that is your problem. If you have a bad acc ball or an internal leak, a new motor/pump will only be good for so long.
See the brakes page on GNTType.org for the basic procedure.

Back