Powermaster Pedal does not return all the way

horndog

When I press the brakes, the brakes engage fine, then the pedal does not return all the way where I have to lift the pedal to turn the brake lights off. It is maybe a half inch, but it is enough to turn the lights on.
Anyone have any direction what this may be?

The light switch is adjustable. It can be pushed closer to the pedal. But if the master cylinder isn't returning all the way then something more sinister is up...

Yeah, it seems like it is not returning all the way. I don't see any pedal adjustments and looks like master cylinder? Maybe it needs to be bled?

Well you can buy another unit as a core or a donor and rebuild it. All new seals can be bought from Karps power brake service. They might even have other parts.

If the pedal isn't returning completely then there there is something wrong in the master cylinder or the pedal itself is hanging up mechanically - disconnect the actuator rod from the pedal and you can find out for sure
Guessing you are still running the Powermaster, then its not as simple as your typical master cylinder replacement

If the pedal isn't returning completely then there there is something wrong in the master cylinder or the pedal itself is hanging up mechanically - disconnect the actuator rod from the pedal and you can find out for sure
Guessing you are still running the Powermaster, then its not as simple as your typical master cylinder replacement

Thanks. It seems the pedal travel is getting worse. The worst part is that I need to put some miles on the new motor before the winter and that white stuff comes.

I can understand - I don't care for the white stuff at all but it looks pretty when it's fresh on the ground

So now the question is, do I just replace the powermaster or go hyrdaboost? They will cost about the same

I went hydroboost. I wasn't spending more on the powermaster, and have it fail again. Vac is good too, but I really like the hydroboost .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk