Powermaster question

chris1

If you are standing in front of the car looking at the master cylinder, which side of the fluid is for the front wheels, and which side is for the back? As I am looking at it, the left side, the inside reservoir towards the motor suddendly is starting to lose fluid, and was almost empty the other day; I haven't pulled any of the wheels or looked underneath yet, but knowing which side of the reservior feeds either the front or the back, will at least help me narrow it down a little quicker, even though I will probably wind up pulling all 4 wheels anyway; Powermaster is only about 1 year old.............

Thanks, Chris.

The largest reservoir closest to the passenger side is for power assist. Of the two reservoirs closest to the drivers side, the front reservoir feeds the rear brakes and the rear reservoir feeds the front brakes.

Standing in front the right side of the reservoir is for both front and back...left side is for accumulator...level low on left side is normal...always pump the pedal...key off...about 15 times to check the level/refill...

Thanks for the info; I just noticed the other day that the left side was almost empty, and the fluid seemed to be all white and airated; I made sure I pumped it 10-15 times before removing the cover; maybe nothing is wrong at all, I've just never see it that low, or that wierd color before; I'll let it sit for a day or two and double check it again.......

When you pump it the fluid does get air in it and looks foamy at first...it's normal...the fluid should look better after sitting for awhile...