You can type here any text you want

powermaster stays on.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
hey guys i got an 87 gn and the powermaster motor keeps running even with the key off! i gotta disconnect the battery jus to get it to stop. any suggestions? thanks guys!

I've seen that more than a few times. Good chance one of the O-rings on a piston is causing an internal leak which is really bad news. The only cure is to replace to PM with a Reman'd unit as nobody sells just the seal kit seperately to rebuild them.:mad:

plan B

im located in Hartselle. bout 30min south of huntsville and 45min north of birmingham. leaky seals huh? nevermind that jus bought a new vacuum set up. thanks for the info though!

I've had 3 TRs 2 of which had recurring PM problems. Those 2 cars have vacuum on them now and never looked back. Don't waste your money on the PM system unless you just have to keep you car completely stock

I've seen that more than a few times. Good chance one of the O-rings on a piston is causing an internal leak which is really bad news. The only cure is to replace to PM with a Reman'd unit as nobody sells just the seal kit seperately to rebuild them.:mad:

Aren't they just standard o-rings.

im located in Hartselle. bout 30min south of huntsville and 45min north of birmingham. leaky seals huh? nevermind that jus bought a new vacuum set up. thanks for the info though!

I hartsell I'm just down 36

Eric,

I went back and read your post the thing that bugs me is the running with the key off. PM shouldn't have power with the key off

If you P/M is running with the key off, the relay is stuck closed.
As the relay is built into the motor, and are not servicable, you're into a new motor.

powermaster brakes

I installed the vacuum brake conversion on my 87 regal about 7 years ago,
has been trouble free ever since!

Vac here as well. PM is just too expensive at least for me. I figured it up and the PM cost me well over 700 bucks in 3 years after I rebuilt it, new sw, new accum, new pump and then 3 years later the switch needed replacing again and that was gonna be another 150.

Back