You can type here any text you want

PowerStroke Intercooler.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HooverGS

Hey guys, new to the board and new to the g body realm. Ive recently traded my 71 skylark 455 for an 87 Turbo Regal
Out of the deal im getting a powerstroke intercooler and im wondering if this thing is going to be over kill or if it's worth the mod. Basically the engine has GN1 Champion Heads a new Comp Cam stock turbo and Poston Headers.

If someone has a step by step process I'd love to see it, and yes I've searched the site and the web.

If this thing is worth the work and not to much cutting of the core support I will definately volunteer to do a step by step.

Thank You!

For a stock turbo it will be overkill. Should you do it? Ya, why not. It'll be there for you turbo upgrade. Might want to hold off until you have the bigger turbo, though. Just take a die grinder to the stock intercooler inlet and open it up. Make sure you pack it with rags, first. Actually clean it with two cans of brake clean first (internally) spray them in and slosh it around for a few minutes, then dump it out and repeat process. Then blow dry. Then do the porting of the inlet and blow it out from the outlet side. I usually strip all thick paint off of it and give it a nice light coating of flat black paint, too.

What did you trade for? The TTA was only made in 89. The buicks in 87 and earlier. I doubt a powerstroke would fit a tta.

David

What did you trade for? The TTA was only made in 89. The buicks in 87 and earlier. I doubt a powerstroke would fit a tta.

David

My Fault Turbo Regal. I don't even know how I got the two mixed up.

Back