Precision stock location intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your misunderstanding the thread. Nobody's jumping to conclusions that I have read so far, but I find a lot of us wondering why there was a core change without no mention of it from precision. We that got the new design are sure. Hoping it's better, but don't you think precision would have marketed as being a much more efficient better? Intercooler when they raise the price to 1500?
Im for surely not misunderstanding whats going on here read my posts in this thread, all im saying is this could be a better core or maybe not we dont know the specifics yet, i understand you want what you pay for...

what im saying is if you ordered a used 2019 c7 Corvette from a dealership and a 2023 c8 shows up at your door not many complaints are gonna happen, so lets get some answers from Precision First. "I DO" agree in explaining design changes for anything i buy good or bad so shame on PTE...

V6 sleeper I'm not trying to get in a pissy fight with you. But if you read the whole post you will see were Patrick says it was changed about five or six years ago. Don't you think we should have some information and be aware that the change was made by now? You are missing the point. I think you're jumping to the conclusion that it might be a better core. I want to know what it is. Plain and simple. Hopefully not from China
Yes, shame on PTE. Patrick did say they were going to bowling Green so hopefully we can all get some information right from the horses mouth. That's all we're looking for information why the changes made and is it for the better or just because it's the only cores they could get. Vsixsleeper. I hope with all your opinions you have bought one too for $1,500. Now I'm jumping to conclusion because I bet you didn't buy one and that's why you don't show the passion to get answers. Get some answers then chime in. Here's PTEs phone number 855-996-7832 thank you

Last edited:
V6 sleeper I'm not trying to get in a pissy fight with you. But if you read the whole post you will see were Patrick says it was changed about five or six years ago. Don't you think we should have some information and be aware that the change was made by now? You are missing the point. I think you're jumping to the conclusion that it might be a better core. I want to know what it is. Plain and simple. Hopefully not from China
Yes, shame on PTE. Patrick did say they were going to bowling Green so hopefully we can all get some information right from the horses mouth. That's all we're looking for information why the changes made and is it for the better or just because it's the only cores they could get. Vsixsleeper. I hope with all your opinions you have bought one too for $1,500. Now I'm jumping to conclusion because I bet you didn't buy one and that's why you don't show the passion to get answers. Get some answers then chime in. Here's PTEs phone number 855-996-7832 thank you
I've been here in this thread to help you and the tb community in what ever stuff I've dealt with in the 30+ years with these cars so lets not call out my passion, Ive ran over 30 combos with many many turbos and intercoolers on a multitude cars so i'm not just voicing off the head opinions,

I AM AGREEING with you, i too would like to know why the design change and to what core ! my ONLY point is give it a chance and let them explain.
This aint a pissing match with you by any means so dont take your frustrations out on me save it for PTE...

I've called precision two times and nobody knows what changes I'm talking about. I've email Patrick at PTE twice with no response. A friend of mine said he talked to Patrick and all Patrick said was this guy put one on his car and he claims that he ran 30 pounds of boost and a seeing a 30 degree drop across the intercooler. Patrick's on this form all the time and was of yesterday and do you think he would come out and say something? No because nobody at precision is going to say anything because they don't know. I'm posting this so you know what you are buying. They sure as hell aren't telling us. Hopefully it is better than the earlier design but I'm glad I have the earlier design also because I know what that does

I've called precision two times and nobody knows what changes I'm talking about. I've email Patrick at PTE twice with no response. A friend of mine said he talked to Patrick and all Patrick said was this guy put one on his car and he claims that he ran 30 pounds of boost and a seeing a 30 degree drop across the intercooler. Patrick's on this form all the time and was of yesterday and do you think he would come out and say something? No because nobody at precision is going to say anything because they don't know. I'm posting this so you know what you are buying. They sure as hell aren't telling us. Hopefully it is better than the earlier design but I'm glad I have the earlier design also because I know what that does
They are still advertising 18/19
They probably haven't updated the website which is not uncommon from what I see all over🙄

You're right Mr. Spool, they did not update their website but they updated their price 😞

I am curious to how the core compares to the new Lorenz SLIC.
Those intercoolers were made from materials Red had from uncompleted intercoolers. They use garrett cores, which are the best cores available. We have built a few intercoolers using bell cores and garrett cores similar in design to Reds, as well have data of my Reds intercooler on the same car, and the garrett is leaps and bounds better than the bell core. I have data on the orginal Precision slic, which was an 18 row. The data I have on the 19 row was from a different car, which made quite a bit more power, but I have no temp data because it was an alky car.

Well, PTE or Patrick have not responded so I just went ahead and emailed him our thread and concerns about sneaking a different intercooler than advertised on us. Hopefully he will tell us what cores are being used in this new 32 row. Intercooler and whether it's better than the old 18/19 that the website still markets and that's why they did it. I'm trying my best to catch up with him for answers. He hasn't answered my other 2 emails, but maybe he'll check the thread out now that I presented him with that too

$1500, sorry if i missed this, did it come with that forced air shroud like the picture?

To put pressure and air temp sensors on or around each end of the end tanks is a PIA and expensive, not in just sensors and time but what's logging all that, yep a $2k ECU. I did it because I went liquid and wanted to see if it was worth it but maybe Precision will give a hook up to someone in here or the future to test the new core for them. It'll help everyone since it appears to be a nice piece and we don't want too vent too much hot air at one of our long time, parts sugar daddies, Precision in speculation.

But I hear ya Blacky, current core info and emails etc seems a bit frustrating since $1500 is gone. Hold tight, this board gets results and shares info.

Gnvyus that is a great write-up. All I'm asking precision to do is to let us know what they are doing since it's been going on for 5 or 6 years while Patrick was gone. We're giving them their chance to reply. I've sent 3 emails with no reply. If we all band together we could get those answers. Thank you for your reply gnvyus. Has great as all vendor is they shouldn't try to pull anything over us. If one were to buy that intercooler they would not know the difference. We just happened to have one of each and was hoping to get the other but you all know that 😞

You are in a unique position in that you have both. Pull some vacuum across those cores & figure out how you want to measure the results.

aa.jpg

Blacky , did you know that Patrick was viewing this thread this morning when he was moderating the forum ? I thought he would have chimed in by now , but maybe he has nothing more to add to what he already told you .

Blacky , did you know that Patrick was viewing this thread this morning when he was moderating the forum ? I thought he would have chimed in by now , but maybe he has nothing more to add to what he already told you .
That's very interesting, I didn't know that. Comes down to what Chuck said earlier on. They're just trying to slide it by us and keep collecting our hard earned money. So much for waiting for Patrick to chime in. They don't care.
Not so happy with this company precision anymore. I got my new intercooler a month ago and the uppipe was scratched and Patrick's been telling me and actually sent me a picture of up pipes for me to choose from I told him just send me one that isn't scratched better yet Gouged. But they have never sent one out to me yet. That's been over a couple weeks. They also charged me $100.66 to ship the new intercooler where they charged my friend that lives near me $36 in shipping and some change. And maybe that's why you noticed my bad tune about precision turbo and engine. Just watch out. They're not playing fair. I ship my Mark Jackson intercooler for $24 and yes precisions weighs more and $36 is more realistic. I guess it's time for more phone calls to complain as the forum mean a thing to Patrick. Shame on PTE

Attachments

• 1680828838361524198637930891768.jpg
    1680828838361524198637930891768.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Here is the letter I got from Patrick via email just to prove I'm not blowing smoke. You know we're.

Good morning sir.

I just wanted to send you an email explaining where we stand, with your request to have your intercooler pipe replaced.

Based on your email with picture that I received on 2/18/23 at 12:22 pm, here’s the current status.

We are awaiting for a shipment of these 3” pipes to arrive from a new supplier. Intercooler Pipe P/N PIN055-1010.

My Sales Manager Jim was telling me, that they had a meeting with this new supplier last week and have put things in motion to have them start making these pipes for us.

Once the shipment arrives and the pipes pass through our Quality Control Q/A process, we will be able to issue an RMA with call tag to have your blemished pipe picked up and returned. Once it arrives, my shipping department will ship the replacement pipe back to you immediately.

As of now, we are awaiting the first shipment of the pipes to come in.

I will keep you posted once I have updates from my Production Team.

Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend.

Patrick

Patrick Rubio

Inside Technical Sales Representative

Precision Turbo & Engine

As you can see that was on February 18th of this year. I have been very patient but dynonan has brought me to a new level and I'm glad he pointed that out to us customers of PTE. Thank you.

Here is a follow-up from Patrick after requests to find out where my replacement pipe was as he had sent me a picture of two pipes and asked me to pick one out. Check out the date again! 3/17/23. I've been very patient but now it is boiling over. And still no replacement up pipe. Please do not buy from precision directly and go to one of our many wonderful vendors that carry their product as you will get better customer service from them as opposed to PTE. I have never ripped any of our vendors but this one is not being honest to our Buick club. I think dynoman has pointed that out the best with much fewer words.

Good morning Steve.

Right now, there are two pipes in play.

1 that we owe you as a replacement for the gouged one.

And 1 that was on back order from December when you ordered the SLIC installation parts.

Do you want me to cancel that back order from December?

If so, I’ll do that and we’ll ship out the replacement pipe to you asap.

Thank you Steve.

Patrick

Patrick Rubio

Status
Not open for further replies.