Problem SOLVED!!

O

OldGrayII

For those that may not know, I did a Mini Rebuild on this Already mint T, New Timing Chain, Blueprinted Front Cover (Oil Pump), Un-Neccessarily pulled the heads thinking I had a slightly blown HG (didn't), so had the heads cleaned-up, and generally cleaned-up everything as I went along, well anyway, last weekend I finished everything and fired her up, and Couldn't get her to Idle, well at FIRST I thought it was simply a MASSIVE vacuum leak, as it was making a whistle noise and would not run below 2000rpm, After spending about a week swapping parts (Mass-Air, new IAC, Crank Sensor,etc) and calling Dan Smith (Local TR Guru, trouble-shooted over the phone) my friend Yuri and myself were certain that it MUST be something mechanical, after all the whisleing noise was bothering us the most, along with the No-Idle situation. I was minutes away from getting ready to start removing the front cover when a frind of ours stopped-in, and felt sure it was just a vacuum leak, well again we performed the spray gumout routine, except that this time he sprayed around the doghouse to plenum area, BINGO!!!! gasket there right at the bolt hole!!! took it off and sure enough I hadn't cleaned off the original gasket, missed that area somehow, well I cleaned it and threw another gasket on there, fired it back up and PERFECT 750rpm quiet idle!!!

Man I don't know how I missed that, but I guess I'm not so perfect after all, just think how embarresed I'd have been had I flat-bedded it to either Dan(Smith) or even Ron's Custom as I was contenplating doing!!!

I meant to say that I HAD, of course, clean-off the original gasket, just somehow missed that bolt-hole!

Brian...good to see that the car is up and running...I can't wait to see it!

Are you planning on coming out to the ABC Fathers Day Car Show?

Frank, as well as myself will be there, and there is usually a nice TurboRegal Turnout there (10 cars?)

I am putting my car under the wrench this upcoming weekend and I can't wait!

Herb,

Thanks Man, I MOST CERTAINLY will be there!!! I'm not sure exactly where it is so as the time gets closer, post on it!

congrats Brian!! Thank goodness you did not pull it apart!! Its the lil things that will drive ya nuts!!

Where is the show on fathers day? Is'nt that the same weekend as the buick event at Englishtown?

The car show is at the Echelon Mall...it is on Saturday....Last year it rained a few times, and STILL 400 cars showed up....this year we are looking to have at LEAST 600 cars!

Hope to see some you guy all there!

Frank....were still on for Breakfast :)

YES Herb.. BTW I have the boost controller off and waiting for ya! Maybe we can meet Tuesday at Atco?? Email me!!

This Fathers day show the Herb speaks of is one of the BEST car show that I HAVE EVER ATTENDED.. Anyone with a TR should NOT miss this one!