Problem with a 4.1 build

Felpro 1000. I am using a 14 bolt and 14 bolt gaskets. I use what works for me. I also used the 1000 gasket with my champion irons. I do use head studs. With the new head stud kit you can removed the studs to get the heads off in car.

Time will tell!

Thanks,

Regarding the stroker kits for the 109... Don't you need custom pistons to use in the 4.1 anyways?

Anybody know of somebody that has stroked a non Stage 2 4.1? Anybody have any results on performance for a stroked 4.1 yet?

Don
Yes I have just put together a stroked 4.1 short block with Ross forged/coated pistons and no I don't have any performance results yet but I will tell you this.
The 109 block that is in the street driven with Air, OEM computer, etc. 3700 lb. WE4 went 10.15 @131 MPH with a 4 psi launch (foot brake) running 21.5 psi of boost on unleaded & dual Razor alky with a flaring 2004R trans at the time. That's why the MPH and ET does not match (big time slip in third).
All the parts from the 3.8 will be going into the 4.1 like the heads, intake, hyd. roller cam, turbo, Poston headers (that's right) etc. along with a non-slipping 2004R and maybe a tighter N/L converter.:D

PS: Pic of 10.1 burnout below!!!!! (11/06 track rental at MIR in Maryland)

What ross pistons did you use? im looking to do almost the same thing with my 4.1 buildup in my 84gn. 4.00"? what part number?

What ross pistons did you use? im looking to do almost the same thing with my 4.1 buildup in my 84gn. 4.00"? what part number?

Yes 4.00" in my case. They are custom made and "light".
Compression ratio you want, rod length, stroke, type of heads and cc's, etc. is the info. they will need. They will give you a job number (on box and paper work that you will receive) that is kept on file so that more of the same can be made in the future if needed.
Either you or your machine shop can supply the info. Bore/honing should be done after the pistons are received/measured.