You can type here any text you want

problem with DFI and nitrous at dyno .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JuicedXtreme

Sup
I went yesterday to the dyno and i had both stages ( dry/wet) of nitrous connected to the dfi so it can activate them using the rpm and tps options etc.. Well when i tried the dry shot only it was cutting on and off . So i put the 2nd stage on ( wet ) and turned the dry shot off and when it activated it did the same thing like cutting on and off . So i removed the wireing from the dfi and i wired it to my WOT switch and i raised the VE table where it goes to WOT to make it rich and when i activated the dry shot it ran great and rich . So i don't know whats happening . When i put the wet shot too it worked great . Did anybody else had this problem ?
On the nitrous settings i had the tps enable at 90 % and disable at 85% , the rpm to enable at 3000 rpm and disable at 5700rpm and on the MAP box i didn't use that option . Maybe it isn't giving a good ground to the relay ?
Well the truck made 404 rwhp/435.6 rwtq so i'm happy but i would like the dfi to control the stages for me .
thanx

you have it set for coming on at 90% and off at 85% TPS .. but does your TPS even get there...?

Check and see... seems like you are somewhere in between and it is causing something funky.

It get 100 % at WOT . I realy want to get this DFI activate the stages for me . I'm using pushbottun to shift gear on my 4l60e and i don't want to take my hand out of the shift bottuns at the track just to activate the 2nd stage .

the rpm to enable at 3000 rpm and disable at 5700rpm
This is likely the problem. Your disable threshold MUST be lower than your enable number. Use the RPM limit field to turn off the juice above a certain RPM -- to make it act like a window switch.

You think thats my problem ? I tougth that the enable/disable would make it work like an window switch and the rpm limit would be an extra insurance . I still don't understand how the disable works then .
Well , i would have to try it with lower disable rpm to see how it does .
thanx
c-ya

Back