You can type here any text you want

Production 4.1L owners, please step in.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

OK, well he last 4.1 I built turned out great, all is fine yadda yadda yadda. The only problem I ran into was the drainback hole for the turbo. The spot that it was drilled ended up being directly in the same spot as the 109's which ended up directly between the two metal risers on the block, which made it very difficult to get a fitting into the block. The brass stock fitting definately wouldnt not work so I ended up buying a few AN fittings and made it work. I;m curious as to where you guys are drilling your drainback hole so that you can use the stock drainback tube? I have seen some guys mill off the two metal risers, is that what most everyone does?

Thats always an option but I'm wanting the drainback in the stock location on this particular project. I know i can go to the front cover as well but I'm specifically asking about stock location and using the stock drainback tube.

I put mine right where the 109 blocks have it and just simply grinded down the risers or ribs on the block til they were flat. Then I used the factory 109 large brass fitting ;)

there you go

I put mine right where the 109 blocks have it and just simply grinded down the risers or ribs on the block til they were flat. Then I used the factory 109 large brass fitting ;)

A die grinder with a 3 in. wheel will make short work of it.

Well there's my answer! Before I take the grinder to it, i just wanted to be sure those ribs werent there to support the block.

Back