PROM ID "Help" Please ...

1980 Buick

I have an 87' Grand National, and the PROM (to me), looks to be a stock one...

HERE'S the question:

THIS is the PROM in the car NOW: The Numbers / Letters are: "BBKJ" & "9464". I do have a bit of an idle "roll" (esp. cold), but I wondered if someone could recomm. a different PROM / that may improve upon this / increase perf.

OF NOTE: I DO have another PROM that has a red-tag (probably a custom burned one ?) and that one's labeled: "93" (I assume that's 93 octane fuel) ?, and it reads: "R - 9" on the top, and below that: "6 - 7" on the bottom.

That one I found in another 87 in the glove-box.

Thanks for ANY insight !

Maybe "seeing" would help ? :

Attachments

• PROMS.JPG
    PROMS.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 68
bbkj is the 87 recall chip that replaced the factory acxa
dont use the other reds chip as it may not be for stock injectors

if you want a modern chip contact turbotweak.com

if you have a tip in lean drop check your setting for iAC tps etc ...hopefully you have a scanmaster or other scantool to look at these
check blm and if high look for vac leak, exhaust leak before turbo

Thx. Paul ! ... Tho these cars were never great "cold-blooded-things" it's just a bit hesitant COLD. *(After a full warm-up it's fine). I just wondered if their was a PROM one could install without getting too "busy" amid changing alot of things. I went to that site and it's quite NICE, but I'm not to interested in changing injectors and that sorta thing.

All I was after (if there IS such a thing), was to see if their was a "kit" (or the like), that a fellow could install to just perk things up a tad. I suppose the K&N Filter would be my best bet ?.

Thx. again for the counsel.