You can type here any text you want

Propane chip question..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adrian87

I am about to install the Propane kit and was wondering what the usual chip changes are with this. Can I just use 1 chip all the time set for 24psi and Propane? Or do I need 1 chip for lower timing/boost? I'd like to just have 1 chip and set the Propane to come on at 10psi or so, with decent timing and high boost. Not a daily driver at all. Don;t mind if it's set at high boost all the time as long as it doesn't knock on it's way up there..I already have an Eric Marshall chip to send to him to tweak on...but he hasn't done a Propane chip before so I thought I'd ask for some pointers...thanks :)

There is nothing to it. Just have your propane click on at 15psi... and let the chip do the work from there. A target octane level should be 98-100 depending on your local pump gas octane levels.

Less timing and more boost is a good idea.

I run a JC 100 VT (variable timing) chip with my propane kit... it pulls timing as the boost ramps up.

HTH,

Back