You can type here any text you want

Proper Front Swaybar install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6inKY

Short Guy
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I just succeeded in converting my car to a 3-piece front sway bar by raiding the NASCAR barts bin:

http://blog.andrewdscott.com/?p=158

I've not seen anybody else attempt this. It provides a host of potential benefits, not least among them the ability to quickly change the bar out as needed. It also improved the ride on mine. I think the old bar was sticking. Given all of that, I was surprised how easy it ended up being.

Not needed for the drag racing crowd, but for those of us dumb enough to try and make these things turn, this is a viable option. And it's far cheaper than similar solutions from Ridetech and provides much higher bar rates if you have access to the equipment for bending the sway bar arms.

Very nice set up.
To make it adjustable (stiffer/ softer) would you have to move the bar and bearings forward and backwards and drill new holes in the arms to match? My thinking is the shorter the arm, the stiffer the bar feels, is this true?
I have yet to find a comparison for solid bars vs. hollow bars ie: 1.25" solid bar = 1.5" hollow bar.??

I can't wait until you get it out next, I'm exited, almost giddy.

The Herb Adams/ Moroso front bar I have uses rod ends as well. It makes the bar more affective.

IMG_3341.JPG

The longer the lever arm, the lower the effective rate. Due to packaging, on our cars you're going to be 13.5" from the bar unless you get creative.

If you look at Speedway's web site, they have tables where they show the bar rate for all of their bars. In general, you want the hollow bar. You trade a small amount of rate for a 25% savings in weight.

Nice write up.... RideTech has a similar product. Their musclebar is built like that I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice write up.... RideTech has a similar product. Their musclebar is built like that I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I opted to go this route because the Ridetech bars have turned out to not be stiff enough for what I'm doing. Going stiffer than the Ridetech bar required jumping into the NASCAR parts bin.

Back