You can type here any text you want

proper way to install GN center caps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryan319

what's the correct way to mount the POS GN center caps. do the tabs on the centers get flattened and pinched between the wheel and the lug? or do the tabs stay bent and rest against the side of the lug? do the lugs go on first and then the caps? or vice versa?

my tabs were all flattened and pinched between the wheel and lug and it doesn't look right.

Bump

I too am interested in this.

Recently put on new tires and my cap tabs are destroyed on my stock rims.

I've been running w/ the caps off for about 3 months now. ;)

What I do

First thing is to take some epoxy and put it on the plastic pins where they come through the aluminum(?) ring. It will keep you from losing the cap.

I hold the center cap to the wheel while tightening two or three lug nuts to center the cap on the wheel. Torque all slowly and evenly.

I haven't lost one in a long time, so it must be working... :)

The tabs stay bent.

The tabs stay bent and the cap is held on by friction (maybe wrong word). I usually start 3 lug nuts then add the center cap and the other 2 lug nuts. My stock caps have been on for almost 24 years doing this.

Maybe this is wrong...but this is what I have done: I just treat the centers like I did with my Rally center caps. Torque all lug nuts on and then I use a towel and a rubber mallet. Fold the towel a couple times and use it to soften the blow of the mallet. And...it is on. Mine are stuck on really tight this way and are not being crushed inbetween the rim and the lug nuts.

Back