You can type here any text you want

Proportioning valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I think i have the old cast proportioning valve. Does anyone have a pic of one and where its located so i know im looking at the correct thing? Also, where to get a new brass replacement. Thanks alot.

Go to Welcome to Kirban Performance Products , click "product search" and type in 7075. There is a pic on there. The valve is located on the inner part of the frame rail on the driver's side basically about where the frame starts to bend upward. Just crawl under the car behind the driver's side front wheel and look at the inner part of the frame. You'll see it with all the lines connected to it. I'm pretty sure the brass one's can be had at NAPA.

Go to Welcome to Kirban Performance Products , click "product search" and type in 7075. There is a pic on there. The valve is located on the inner part of the frame rail on the driver's side basically about where the frame starts to bend upward. Just crawl under the car behind the driver's side front wheel and look at the inner part of the frame. You'll see it with all the lines connected to it. I'm pretty sure the brass one's can be had at NAPA.

Napa is a no go. I called and they told me they dont even stock them. Said its more of a junkyard item.

I got mine replaced at the dealer for free. There was a recall on it that they will still honor. That was this year BTW.

GM still offers the OEM brass Combination–Proportioning valve.

GM # 25509419.

List about $95, but available for about $65 from some mailorder GM dealers, eg PandG_Chevy

I have the same 25509419 on my 84 which I just replaced this summer. The AC Delco part # is 172-1353 which was used on a lot of cars besides TR's. I got the AC Delco valve from my NAPA store in one day for $60.00. The 25509419 is the GM part number, both are listed on the box but use the AC Delco # when ordering.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

We Carry Both The 2 Disc Valves And The 4 Disc Valves. We Did The First B Body Spindle, Camaro Rear, Hydroboost Conversion On Bulgari's G.n. In 1987 When The Car Was New. We Used The 4 Disc Valve On That Car.

Back