PT51 Turbo

Rick

I've had my 51 for a few years now. I've ran a best of 11.6 and have had the boost up to 25-26 pounds at times. I am contemplating upgrading to a GT style turbo so I would need to sell the 51. My question is, was there any resolution to the problem some were having with the wheel flying off or disintegrating?? I really want to sell the turbo in good faith so that is why I am asking. Also, while you're in here, what is a good price for a used 51 with around 5,000 miles on it?

Hey dude I'm in the same boat as you. My 51 has the tight clearances too, and I've been running it for a few years now. Not sure I want to get rid of it because it spools so awesome, and if I wanted something new with the tight clearances I would probably not be able to get it. I would estimate a used 51 like yours or mine would bring $450 or so.

I saw one of the new GT series on an engine at ANS perf last week. It was a very impressive looking turbo, huge wheels with wicked blades, and the compressor side had a divided housing design. Not sure what spec it was, but it appeared to be way to big for my stock engine.