You can type here any text you want

Put the New set up to the Test !!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
2009 RTTH event coverage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well our local RTTH event was this weekend and I can say I had a Wonderful time! The 3-day event started off this year on Friday with the Cruise portion through the "Tail of The Dragon". It was a beautiful day for a cruise, It started to rain as we got well into the mountains so 60% of the "Tail of the dragon" was IN THE RAIN!! Yes, taking the 318 turns at 45-55 MPH in the Rain was quite fun! The new TOYO proxes T1R's were the BEST tires I've ever owned!! I pushed, and pushed this car into curves and it Never broke away, Not even in the rain.
This brings me to the new wheel/tire set up with the CCW Classics / Toyo combination. This Dragon Run was the ultimate test for fitment and function with the new wheels & tires. There was No rubbing at all while throwing this car into 20 MPH turns at 45-55 MPH. No rubbing at all with off camber switch back curves!
The front suspension seems to be right in check and tracks very well, The car wasn't over riding the tires or pushing into the curves!

The braking will need some minor messaging! I think the SSBC dual piston calipers should take care of that just fine.

The links below are from the "The Tail of The Dragon". The Orange camaro with the CCW's is Brett (the owner of Air ride Technologies) !! These people take pictures on the dragon for a living and they do a great job!

** CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE PIC'S OF MY CAR ON THE "TAIL OF THE DRAGON". **

MoonShinePhoto:

GOING UP THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - MoonshinePhoto.Com

GOING DOWN THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - MoonshinePhoto.Com

us129 Photos:

UP THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

DOWN THE DRAGON: PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

Below are just a few pic's of just before heading up the dragon....

Attachments

• RTTH5_-_Dragon_001.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 707
  • RTTH5_-_Dragon_002.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 689
  • RTTH5_-_Dragon_007.jpg
    RTTH5_-_Dragon_007.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 682
Let me know if there is a video available :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks, John

looks like tons of fun. Lots of cool cars. Your Buick looks real nice with those wheels

looks like tons of fun. Lots of cool cars. Your Buick looks real nice with those wheels
Yeah there was A LOT of money in cars on that cruise and they were pounding on them for 3 days!! :eek::biggrin:

Function is Everything!! ;)

SW.

Here is a picture of my car on the Tail of the Dragon..

Attachments

• img_5682.jpg
    img_5682.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 639
But Scot!! Don't you remember? You were told that that tire/wheel combo wouldn't work on your car!! :eek: ;)

Here' my car at the Dragon a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• tail6.jpg
    tail6.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 526
Nice

Here is a picture of my car on the Tail of the Dragon..

Nice looking ride, glad you are able to enjoy it. Can't wait till I get all the bugs worked out of mine. And improve on some of the suspension issues.

I'll back Scot W up on that....

It was awesome!!

Us "JOE-TOURING" cars got to hang with the best of them , my new cheap Primewells 275-60-15s handled the run well, although I couldn't push them as hard as Scott W did.

It was amazing to see that much serious hardware rolling and getting beat on.:D

I guessing by the time this rolls around next year Ill be trading my bigs n littles in on some decent pro-touring styled wheel/tire combo.

What set up do you and Excessive have?:biggrin:

I'll back Scot W up on that....

It was awesome!!

Us "JOE-TOURING" cars got to hang with the best of them , my new cheap Primewells 275-60-15s handled the run well, although I couldn't push them as hard as Scott W did.

It was amazing to see that much serious hardware rolling and getting beat on.:D

I guessing by the time this rolls around next year Ill be trading my bigs n littles in on some decent pro-touring styled wheel/tire combo.

What set up do you and Excessive have?:biggrin:
Nice having you run the dragon with us! The only time I seen you was when I was coming back down! The full combo can be seen here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...al-wheel-tire-picture-thread-show-em-off.html

It works very well but the braking will be upgraded by next year with some SSBC dual piston calipers up front and F-body rear disc's out back and that should be just enough!! :biggrin:

The Chevelle with the bike rack was priceless. :D
LOL, I thought the same thing when I seen him in line when we all took off.. He followed behind me 3/4 of the way down the dragon and he actually done pretty good! On the straights he would sneak back up. I heard he was actually going to try and run it down the dragstrip like that!! :eek: By himself of course..

SW.

Update!!

Okay the brown truck dropped off a box friday.. HOTCHKIS lowering springs for the rear.. Part number #1901R

Before I started the rear of my car (measured from the ground to the edge of the fender lip in front of the center of the wheel) went from 27 3/4'' to 26 3/4''.... It dropped it a perfect 1'' so far and all I did was push on the car up and down to settle it some, I'm sure it will settle even more after driving around.

Looks KILLER!!

Now the next project is to lower the front the same amount from 25 3/4'' TO 24 3/4''... :biggrin:

And some double adjustable shocks..

Then the future plan is a complete BAER T4 disc brake set up with 13'' rotors ALL ON THE OEM spindles.. :biggrin: The "T" stands for "Track" and the "4" stands for 4-Piston calipers..

Project "GN X RAY" is starting to resemble a vision I had two years ago.. :smile:

Scot W.

Attachments

• Pictures 004.jpg
    Pictures 004.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Pictures 005.jpg
    Pictures 005.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Pictures 007.jpg
    Pictures 007.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 262
Scot w

GN X RAY is looking better each time you pop up with your "updated" pics.

That is one heck of a VISION!!!:cool:

Looking awesome as always, love the lowered look, keep it up..!

Man you make mine look like a 4x4:rolleyes:

Scot w

GN X RAY is looking better each time you pop up with your "updated" pics.

That is one heck of a VISION!!!:cool:

Looking awesome as always, love the lowered look, keep it up..!

Man you make mine look like a 4x4:rolleyes:
Thanks! Looking forward to what you come up with soon on yours! ;)

Back